Satellite
  • Day 2

    The Sultan's Palace (Kraton)

    June 23, 2019 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Here we saw where the Sultan lives with his wife and 5 daughters. And had a photo taken in front of it. Then through another area there were some ladies and then men, practicing their dancing. While we were watching some school children approached us and asked if they could practice their English! Everyone became involved and there was lots of laughter.

    Then we went through the museum of the ninth and beloved Sultan.

    Here are Yu-Shin's thoughts on the Palace written in Indonesian, then in English...
    Di Keraton Sultan, ada dua museum. Banyak artefak bisa dilihat dari Sultan IX, Sultan yang paling berkuasa. Keraton itu terbangun pada tahun 1755 ada agung dan indah sekali. Pada jam sebelas, ada tarian. Penari langkah dengan anggun. Selalu ada banyak orang yang ingin memotret dengan kami.

    (At the Sultans palace, there are two museums. There are many artifacts from the ninth Sultan who was the most powerful. The Kraton was built in 1755 and is very grand and beautiful. At 11 o’clock, there was dancing. The dancers move gracefully. There is always many people who want to take a photo with us.)
    Read more