Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Cape town

    February 6, 2018 in South Africa ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    Day 1ish ,Day one was a knackering occasion! Long flight,change at J'burg for Cape Town. No real issues bar Hertz at Cape Town. Poor Jane pi##ed about for an hour about car and insurance. Sorted but Caveat emptor boys, if you do not use THEIR insurance excess, they make it an issue. Mrs G great, I would have been on Robbin Island!!
    Arrived at our Res.
    .(rather nice), via supermarket for a shop and a couple of well earned beers. Please note,apart from Hertz, not really any worse than a trip to Cyprus,just twice as long!! Slept well after a 1/2 bucket shower each. No real rain for 4yrs. Bit of a comp as to who can use the least water.. Currently fat Roger winning with 1/2 a bucket per shower. Sadly Mr G gets the cold half. Ha! ( No joke this place is dry!!!) Slept well.

    Day 2 proper like. Vasco in control!!!! Decided on a quick sortie down to Cape Aghulus, two and a half hours each way,for the benefit of the uneducated among you (joke)!, the most Southern Point in Africa where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet.
    Mrs G the most Southerly bird on the African Continent at that time. Rather impressive where the 2 Oceans meet! Mrs G spotted an Ostrich with a few kids which made her happy. Lots to see. We got home in time to meet Rod and Sandy for dinner tomorrow but had a good meal. Rod and Sandy have take a FAB place in Steenberg on the golf course ,not inexpensive for sure. We ,however, are shacked up with the Norwegian Consul, so.on your bike team,tough! They have a really nasty fierce Shnauser ( no dirty jokes!) Called Buster who loves biltong! A bit of a pussycat! Had a great dinner Ribs and stuff without Needham's and Gavshon's as we had the wrong night. Great trial run and took a 5 min cab to Rod and Sandy,s for a late digestif. Gt fun with Grant and Sarah on good form. Taxi arrived so got home with surprisingly tidy considering the company! Suspect tomorrow may be ugly!,, Time for bobos,both tired,xxxxGriffs in Africa. Interesting point though. We were going to walk to Rod and Sandy,s house and the local security guys would not let us as too dangerous so we took a cab. Nice to be advised by the locals but it was a great evening.

    .

    H
    Read more