Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Botswana

    February 19, 2018 in Botswana ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Early start from Cape Town after a good brekkie in the Cape Verde airport hotel. A 30 seater jet from CT to Maun in Botswana. Very civilised.met Paul and Henri in the bar across the road and back to their house on the lagoon after a few beers and meeting our Okavango guide Rams. He seems like a top man.
    Paul and Henry's place is called SERENA. An African thatch with a separate library and guest TENT which is where we are! The first thing we did was a good spray of DOOM to debug. No bugs and nailed 1 larger than normal spider! An evening chatting over old times with P&H!more beer/wine and watching the bird life.There is a Hornbill on the bird table as I am writing this.Night fell so we turned in about 10ish, what a racket! Bats,night birds,bugs all night and to cap it something large chompIng bones closeby. Mrs G sitting up in bed trying to identify said carnivore,I thought it sounded inside the tent but did not want to worry the Memsahib. It could have been dining underneath as we are on stilts! Welcome to Africa.I will have to pinch Mrs G's earplugs to get some sleep I reckon!
    Read more