Satellite
  • Day 36

    April fools!

    April 3, 2016 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Before I talk about the past week I just gotta say I'm gonna need some serious prayers this week as I start taking on all the responsibility of the classroom. The first week is always the worst!
    Okay so last week was pretty good. I felt super refreshed and ready to get back in the swing of things after break which was nice. Wednesday I introduced to the 5th graders how I was going to start doing classroom management and we started it Thursday, it went SO well!! I walked out of that class amazed at how much teaching I got done and how quiet they were. But of course we all know what Friday was....
    April fools! Either they all decided it would be a fun prank to be good one day and not the next, or they were just a little cray from the day. It was really funny, Thursday night Rachel and I switched all the desks from 6th and 5th grade so they were in the same position but a different classroom. Friday when the kids went to walk into the room and stopped in their tracks confused it was priceless! But the 5th graders didn't think it was funny, they kept asking why we did it and saying it wasn't funny. But it lasted all day, after lunch I had kids trying to walk back into 5th grade and then would remember and have to go next door to 6th.
    It was fun but then they started pulling pranks on each other. And of course it's more of a thing in the states so they're not used to it and don't really know what kind of pranks to play. One kid ended up crying because someone else hid her backpack. By the end of the day I was exhausted and so done with April fools!
    My weekend life was pretty boring. I finished some lipscomb assignments and planned this week. I accidentally stayed up til 1am Friday night (I guess technically Saturday morning) reading. After break I've been obsessed with Google Play books. Some of them are really cheap too so I bought a book for $3 Friday night and finished it Saturday. I didn't get much sleep though, or as much as I would have liked. So here I am at 8:45 pm ready for bed, and an alarm set for 4:50 am. Do I know how to live or what?
    Read more