Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 16

    Rockingham WA

    8 avril 2023, Australie ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Today we were up super early and headed down to Rockingham to join Perth Wildlife Encounters for their swim with dolphins cruise, as featured on Travel Guides - move over Fren family, we got this!

    The uniqueness of this particular experience is that the dolphins are wild and at home in their natural environment. They don't perform tricks and they certainly don’t come on cue, as we found out!

    We cruised the waters of Cockburn Sound for over 5 hours looking for the cheeky creatures (apparently the average search time is around 1 hr). Fortunately the water was calm and the on-board lunch kept us going.

    Just when we thought it wasn’t going to be our day, a playful pod of 8 or so dolphins appeared alongside the boat and the game of hide and seek was over. We were treated to a truly magical experience swimming amongst them (including a mother and her calf) at just an arm’s length away.

    After finishing what turned out to be a very long day cruising on such such a high, we treated ourselves for dinner at Portorosa restaurant in Fremantle. And as it turned out, we were also treated to the Fremantle Street Arts Festival, an open-air theatre of the amazing, weird and wacky!
    En savoir plus