Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Cape Range NP

    April 18, 2023 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 29 °C

    Exmouth is really turning it on for us. It’s a big call but there’s even a chance that Lucky Bay might be pipped at the post for title of ‘favourite beach’.

    Today we explored the coastal highlights of Cape Range National Park, starting with a boat tour up Yardie Creek where we learnt some interesting things about the local region and got to see some of the unique flora and fauna (including Black-footed Rock Wallabies and Ospreys) in their natural environment.

    We then made our way back up the coast stopping at the magnificent Turquoise Bay for a picnic lunch on the beach and of course to snorkel ‘The Drift’. With the Ningaloo Reef only a few hundred metres from shore it was the perfect place for us lazy snorkellers to float effortlessly watching the corals and fish as the current took us along the beach.

    Heading back into town we stopped at the Milyering Visitor Centre before heading up to the Vlamingh Lighthouse for another stunning sunset happy hour. A perfect end to a relaxing day in tropical paradise.

    Today’s reflection: We’re impressed with the way the town is managing this ‘major event’ (the solar eclipse). So far we’ve had no issues and have to say all the locals are super friendly and welcoming of us visitors. The shops are well stocked and event management is in full swing. We have been issued with ‘access passes’ for the caravan park and were ‘checked’ into the National Park this morning with a special issue day pass. Let’s hope the positive vibes continue...
    Read more