Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 33

    Geraldton WA

    25 de abril de 2023, Australia ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    As the sun slowly appeared over the horizon we gathered in silence on the Monkey Mia beachfront to acknowledge ANZAC Day and remember those who have served to defend Australia. It’s always a moving experience and so unique this time to reflect and show appreciation for our ‘Diggers’ with Australians from all over the country. Whilst not a conventional service, the early start was rewarded with tea, coffee, hot chocolate and freshly baked Anzac biscuits courtesy of the Resort.

    We hit the road early and pushed on to the BIG4 Sunset Beach at Geraldton for the night, arriving in time for a late lunch. Whilst very little was open in town (not even Coles or Woollies) due to the public holiday, we visited the memorial for the crew of HMAS Sydney II. This year will mark 80 years since the sinking of the HMAS Sydney II and the legacy of Australia’s greatest naval tragedy.

    On returning to camp, the kids finally won us over to join them for a game of 'Dugong Wars' - a highly creative card game they've been busily designing the past few weeks (loosely based around the concepts of Top Trumps vs Unstable Unicorns). We all had a good laugh - and who knows, one day it might even make it into production...

    Tonight is bittersweet as we come to the end of our amazing west coast adventure and savour our final night together with Dan, Helen, Claire and Michael. It’s been absolutely fantastic and we’ve loved sharing every moment. “No road is long with good company”.

    A glass of celebratory Moët and St Hugo Cabernet Sauvignon were a fitting finale and especially appropriate for the coldest night of our trip so far (a chilly 20 degrees LOL).

    Safe travels home Giffneys. See you back in Sydney in a couple of weeks xx
    Leer más