Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 1

    Albury NSW

    12. April in Australien ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    On the road again, heading south. Destination Tasmania! Very excited as none of us have ever been before.

    It’s a different kind of adventure for us this time leaving the caravan behind and taking our chances on a range of motel, short-stay rental and cabin style accommodation.

    It was a slow roadwork riddled start, but once out of Sydney we cruised down the Hume stopping briefly for lunch at Sutton Forest, fuel at Yass, and a quick detour to view the HMAS Otway at Holbrook.

    Tonight we’ve made it to the Albury Manor House in central Albury. Let’s just say it would have been stately in its day 🤣

    Despite the room being twice the size of our caravan, we do miss the convenience of having everything on hand - it sure beats unpacking and repacking the car for short overnight stops.

    A quick drive up Monument Hill for a beautiful sunset vista over town before dinner at the Commercial Club - recreating a memory from our 2016 Great Ocean Road trip. The boys were disappointed the all-you-can-eat buffet died out with Covid but were more than happy with their mega schnitzels instead!

    Looking forward to really starting our Tassie odyssey as 'spirited travelers' tomorrow.
    Weiterlesen