Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 7

    Tasman Peninsula TAS

    18 april, Australië ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Today we ticked off another bucket list experience as we explored the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Port Arthur Historic Site. We also checked out the other attractions on the Tasman Peninsula including the Tessellated Pavement, Tasman Arch and Remarkable Cave. Plus a Lavender Farm and Chocolate Factory for good measure.

    We started our Port Arthur experience with a boat cruise around the Isle of the Dead including some great commentary about the origins of the penal settlement and life of the inmates. Back on shore we made our way around the grounds absorbing the history and reflecting on the horror and tragedy of 28 April 1996.

    The grounds were beautiful and except for the descriptions and accounts of inmates living conditions, Port Arthur could be mistaken for a lovely village in which to spend a few years. We were especially surprised at the size and grandeur of the old church and government residences.

    It was definitely a day of four seasons where we busted out both our ‘Tassie tuxedos’ and rain jackets before shedding them all in favour of t-shirts again.
    Meer informatie