Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 10

    Bruny Island TAS

    21 April, Australia ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    Another cracking Tassie day spent exploring beautiful Bruny Island.

    We left Hobart early to catch one of the first ferries from Kettering across to Bruny Island. We had been warned about lengthy queues but at 7:30 am we drove straight on.

    First stop - the Neck where we climbed the 300+ stairs for a panoramic view of the isthmus connecting north and south Bruny Island. We had a quick look along the beach sanctuary for the resident Little Penguins but of course being early morning they were all either hiding or collecting food out at sea.

    Next up - the famous Bruny Baker Bread Fridge, a cute little roadside stall offering freshly baked sourdough and other treats for passers-by. We came away with a super soft pocket loaf, choc coated ANZAC slice and a traditional sourdough cob.

    Moving on we headed to Adventure Bay, the very place where Captain William Bligh (of Mutiny on the Bounty fame) stopped by in 1788. At the time he was in command of The Bounty – before the famous mutiny. Here we donned oversized red ponchos ready to join Pennicott Wilderness Journeys for an action packed 3-hour adventure boat cruise around the rugged southern coastline of Bruny Island. More on this fabulous experience to come…

    Back on dry land we completed our culinary lap of Bruny Island stopping at the Chocolate Factory, Cheese Co. and Brewery and famous Get Shucked Oysters for some 'fuel for love' 😍

    After a lengthy wait, we eventually made it back onto the ferry across to the mainland where we spent a lazy night at our Hobart accommodation indulging in the various treats acquired throughout the day.
    Baca selengkapnya