Satellite
  • Day 22

    Craters of the Moon National Monument

    June 26, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 77 °F

    Craters of the Moon is located in Idaho on a 10,000 year old lava bed. Another barely known park with an interesting history and good hikes, camping and pretty dog friendly. It was hot during the day but there is a constant wind that keeps the van cool enough for Jay. But hiking still needed to be early morning or late afternoon. Hiking through Lava Fields and learning about Lava Tubes and various lava formations has been pretty interesting.

    There weren't any showers but it is easy enough to was up most of the time with just some water. But it is so, so dry! My hair & skin are a mess.

    Most of my posts are being written many days later while relaxing in Seattle. Unfortunately that means: 1. I don't remember all the details and can't say exactly what I did. 2. It is a little bit of a rush job, some of my photos have not been uploaded or edited. I just could not get it together to do it all while traveling.

    Next trip I need to : set a more leisurely pace, Stop to at least add a few cryptic notes if I can't fill in the details, and work on organizing my photos. Once I get caught up, it will feel like a great accomplishment and I will try to at least and one picture and a sentence every day.

    I plan to go back and add more photos too.
    Read more