Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 5

    Ubud

    25 december 2022, Indonesien ⋅ 🌧 24 °C

    Our trip starts in Bali for Christmas with mum. We’ve all visited Bali a number of times so my first entry starts with our short trip to Ubud to escape the terrible weather in Kuta.

    After a few rainy (extreme rain!) days in Kuta, we decided to head inland and up to Ubud for a couple of days. The first of which was Christmas Day.
    The trip up the mountain only took a few hours. Once we were there, we were greeted (albeit quite aggressively) by a million monkeys. Even eating our lunch was tricky and mum lost her juice when a monkey ran up onto our bench, reached out his little hand and ripped her juice from under her!

    For the majority of stay, Alex insisted on eating lunch at a little warong called terrace warong. We ate sweet and sour pork/coco chicken (delicious, fresh coconut chicken)/mi goreng for around $2 a dish. For the evening meals, we ventured out to the restaurants. The restaurants were set amongst the beautiful lush gardens and ponds. The food is Ubud was fab.

    We stayed at Sri Aksata resort. The rooms were 40 dollars for the night and were quite nice. Mums rooms overlooked a rice field and ours was near the pool. The location was great - right in the middle of Ubud, just up the road from the monkey forest. Although Ubud is crazy busy and this hotel is right on the main road, as soon as you got into the place, everything was quiet and peaceful.

    The following day, Alex and I decided to explore the rice terraces. We walked up through Ubud until we found the Ubud market. We meandered through the markets (which were much more interesting than the Kuta markets) until we got to the end and entered the rice paddies. It was a beautiful walk and on the way back we stopped at a little warong for some fresh pineapple juices.

    On our final day, we headed out once more to explore the Campuhan ridge walk. This walk was more populated, and there were many tourists exercising and exploring the area. The trek started by following a waterfall up onto the rice paddies. We then walked through a lovely little village with great views of the fields. Before heading home, we stopped for a coconut at a Warong overlooking the jungle.

    Ubud is awesome. Less Aussie bogans, better shopping and better cafes/restaurants. We will definitely be back next time 💚🌿
    Läs mer