Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 42

    Delhi and Pushka, India

    31. tammikuuta 2023, Intia

    We arrived pretty late on the 31st and immigration seemed to take some time to check our visas (who knows why!). I had organised airport transfers but I think the man who picked us up had the most bashed up car in Delhi - and that’s saying something!
    After finally arriving at the hotel, we settled for dinner up the road and explored the Karol Bagh markets. They were an absolute whirlwind of excitement, involving yelling, pushing, car horns and dodging Tuk tuks. There was plenty of clothes and food for sale at extremely low prices.

    The next day we joined our tour and visited India gate which was a monument to commemorate soldiers of war. After, we headed out for dinner together before heading to bed early in preparation for an early rising.

    We left our hotel at 5am to board a 6am train to Pushka. The train was relatively comfortable and they served snacks and breakfast onboard. Once we reached Pushka, we walked through a colourful market on the way to Brahama temple. I had to restrain from purchasing the beautiful bright pants and dresses - think Tiger Lilly at a fraction of the cost! Brahma is the Hindu god of creation. And the significance of this temple is that it’s the only of its kind in the world. After visiting the temple, we went for a long camel ride out to the desert. It was loads of fun but quite scary as the camels were unexpectedly tall. In the desert, we all sat around a fire and watched traditional dances. We ate a meal of Dahl and potato curry with Indian bread and dessert. It was delicious!!

    The following morning, we had another early wake up. We climbed to the hilltop Savitri temple and watched the sunrise over the desert mountains. The climb was relatively tough but worth it for the beautiful view. After, our guide took us back to the markets to a small stall which sold homemade muesli with fruit for breakfast.

    Then it was time to say bye to Pushka and board a two hour train to Jaipur.
    Lue lisää