Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Duba, UAE

    February 14, 2023 in the United Arab Emirates

    We had two nights but only one day in Dubai. Mum met us in the morning before breakfast and ready for a day of exploring.

    First we visited the gold and spice souks. Although there were some spice markets open, most of the gold shops were still closed, so we went to a local cafe for breakfast. After a quick bite, we walked around the gold market. Although many tourist sites claim this area portrays an authentic Dubai experience, it felt very touristy and overpriced.

    Next we visited Dubai mall, to see the aquarium (or at least the outside of it). The aquarium is the largest suspended aquarium in the world. Next we had a look at the human waterfall in the mall. Then a quick visit to the Dubai fountain - we only caught the end of the show, but there was a lovely view of the Burj Khalifa from the base.

    Next, we caught the metro to the Mall of the Emirates, which is home to Ski Dubai. This is a massive indoor snow centre, with ski slopes, tobogganing and snow games. We didn’t pay the hefty fee to enter, but we could see the whole thing through the glass wall in the mall.

    After, we headed back to the hotel to relax after a big day of exploring!
    Read more