Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 111

    Rincon National Park, Costa Rica

    April 10, 2023 in Costa Rica ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    After almost 48 hours of travel from Brisbane to Costa Rica (via Los Angeles and Dallas), we finally arrived in Liberia. Luckily a man was waiting with a shuttle to take us to our car hire, as we originally thought we would have to walk. We picked up the car and headed into town to pick up some supplies from Walmart and grab a sim. We finally arrived at our accomodation in the evening, which was an all inclusive situated right in the National park.

    After a long sleep, we were ready for our day of activities. First up was horse riding down to the river. There was a relatively large group of us and even the little kids rode the horses by themselves. Once we got to the river, we picked up our tubes and drifted down the crystal clear river. There were quite a few rapids which made the ride super fun. I wish we had photos of the tube because it was awesome! After lunch, we did our final activity - zip lining! Alex really enjoyed this but I found it terrifying. We flew far above the tree tops and through canyons. The scenery would have been spectacular if I had opened my eyes. Alex did a little rappelling and rock climbing and we both did a Tarzan swing across a canyon and a man on the other side caught us. We videoed most of this in the go pro.

    After we left our group, we hiked over swinging bridges and ladders to a beautiful secluded waterfall where had a swim in the unusually clear, blue water. To end the day, we visited the hot springs on site. They were impressive - set quite deep in the forest around a running stream. There were about 12 hot spring pools so we tried a few of them.

    Before leaving for Fortuna, we hiked one last track on the property, to find lots of smaller (and less blue) waterfalls.
    Read more