Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 239

    Prettenberg, South Africa

    August 16, 2023 in South Africa ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    After the park, we drove to The Crags, which is slightly inland from Prettenberg, a huge tourist town on the Garden Route. We were staying in a beautiful lodge, where our room opened out into the rainforest. Unfortunately it was really cold here and the electricity kept cutting out. We had a lovely dinner in the main house around the fire.

    The next day, we went to the wolf sanctuary, which disappointingly was mostly just huskies. There were a few wolves there though, which were interesting because they were much bigger and more sedate than the dogs. Next we headed into the town of Prettenberg to look around the shops and have lunch. It is a super cute tourist town. After lunch we headed back to our accomodation for our spa treatment. Mum had a massage and Alex and I got a three hour treatment. After our massage we had access to the jacuzzi and sauna. We also got a delicious platter and a bottle of wine. Because of the dodgy power, the jacuzzi was wayyy too hot, so we ended up having the maintenance guy join us for part of the evening. The room was lovely though. There was a fire place and lovely candles around.
    Read more