Satellite
  • Day 16

    Decisions, Decision part deux

    September 22, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 77 °F

    Well, we have been on the road for two weeks now having a grand adventure. There was tragedy (lost credit cards), beautiful vistas, escapes from certain death (kidney stone), death defying acts (helicopter ride), time travel (visiting homesteading, great migration west, and fossil sites), moments of tenderness (either that steak that was so good or my time with Heather), displays of Mother Nature (downpour in Nebraska), emoting (when the replacement credit cards were not delivered), and good food.

    But now that we have arrived at the Rocky Mountains, we are confronted by something that we knew, but did not understand what it really meant. We are Floridians! There, I said it. We are use to warm weather. Here in the foot hills of the Rockies, as the nights dip into the high 30s, we bundle up, turn the heat on and cuddle. We are freezing. As I behold the majestic Rockies, I do not see a great wilderness waiting to be explored, but rather the great ice wall in Game of Thrones. The cold winter air blows hard off the slopes of the mountains, freezing all who dare challenge them.

    So Heather and I have come to the decision to nix our decision to travel through the Rockies on our way to New Mexica and Arizona.

    To be continued…
    Read more