Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Dos chicas en las cataratas del Iguazú.

    May 22, 2019 in Argentina ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    The eyes cannot behold the beauty that is the Iguazu Falls!
    There are 275 waterfalls in the Iguazu National Park that we spent 7 hours exploring. Surrounded by dense jungle, this place has to be the 8th Wonder of the Natural World! The name Iguazu originates from two words meaning ‘big’ and ‘water.’ Somehow, these two words totally under exaggerate the utter magnificence that this place is.
    With signs around that park that warn of Pumas, Leopard’s and Coatis that rip your face off we ventured into the jungle.
    We loved the quiet walks down low that the many tourists steered clear off as we tried our best to stay well out of their way.
    The only way to the very top was by a tiny train where we were crammed on with oldies and youngies all excited to see the famous ‘Devils Throat.’ The highest and mightiest fall of all the falls. Across the falls is Brazil.... no risk of illegal border crossing happening here.
    After walking 20km we stumbled out of the final walk, a quiet not so developed jungle bash that led us to a small waterfall. Barely crossing paths with anyone it was a great refresher before jumping on the bus and heading back for a very much needed Argentinian Steak. Goodnight at 8pm. What a day.
    Read more