Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    More of San Pedro.

    May 30, 2019 in Chile ⋅ ☀️ 0 °C

    Almost time to leave the desert! Llamas, hot springs, geysers and great views consisted day 4 in the dry top end of Chilè.
    The geysers are outta this world. Hot lava flowing under the surface at 4,000ft makes them a true sight to behold. They bubble and steam and then after leaving the underground pretty much turn to ice. It’s freezing up there. 9am arrival and 3 degrees with a very chilly wind.
    Tallara and I ducked into the hot spring for a dip and somehow found the courage to climb back out and change in a hurry.
    The 5th and final day in the desert consisted of walking 23km. Good training for Machu Picchu! We trekked from our hostel to Valle de la Luna (Valley of the Moon). We caught a ride with a tour group to the first stop and then walked some more. This place is aptly named.... it sure felt like we were on the moon. After walking through we began our very very long walk back. But thank goodness to the kindness of strangers we jumped in the back of a lovely Chilean’s truck! Slept well that night that’s for sure.
    Finally chow to the desert, and sadly Chile as well! Almost time to meet up with Tabby & Chris!
    Read more