Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 60

    Yosemite National Park.

    July 15, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    After landing in LA we jumped in our hire car and begun the trip North to Yosemite National Park. We stopped for some clothes shopping and of course a must-do Walmart shop.
    The drive took roughly 6 hours and we checked into a hostel just outside the National Park for the evening.
    The next day we arose early to beat the heat and crowds and made our way into the park.
    We spent the morning wandering about the Yosemite Valley. Visiting the Falls, and the swinging bridge. After a quick lunch of fruit and bread we decided to head off on a hike.
    We did the 11km hike up the Mist Trail to Nevada Falls, visiting Vernal Falls on the way. The first leg of the hike was busy with people but luckily for us Americans don’t do much walking. So, after the first waterfall the trail was practically empty. The weather was beautiful and sunny, chipmunks darted around and the rush of the waterfall and birds singing filled our ears. Hardly any words were shared between Tallara and I as we walked up and over Nevada Falls, and took in the amazing view before heading back down the other side. We were immersed in the sounds and sights of the forest.
    Sadly, no bears to be seen! Next time.
    Read more