Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    13:06:17

    June 13, 2017 in Slovenia ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    We set off after breakfast to the next part of the adventure. Slovenia..it was hard to say goodbye to Willi and Marie and Angela and her family as we felt that they had made us so welcome we had become friends by the end of the four days.
    We knew it was going to be a long drive to Trnje which is where we are now. We had planned to stop somewhere for lunch and a journey break e traffic was awful with many bits of road under reconstruction. We came off to find somewhere to eat but ended up in a not so bad service station and shared a sandwich. having set off again we put Trnje into the Apple car play sat nav. Basically maps. We skirted round Lubjana and arrived at what was supposed to be Trnje only to find it wasn't and the real place was still one hour away. By this time we had been driving for five hours and were pretty fed up with the situation. However, there was nothing for it and we continued on our way.
    Worth the drive when we got here Na Meji as it surpassed our expectations. We had stopped for some provisions. Got the meal on to marinade and then had a lovely walk along the lanes before supper.
    After supper we partook of the home made brandies with our cherries. Not a great idea!
    Read more