Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    On our way to Knysna

    December 1, 2022 in South Africa ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    After a lovely night we left Barrydale again. It was a bit stressful start because somehow we managed to lose the key of the electronic entrance gate to the property but luckily it fell out of our luggage when we put our luggage back in the car. We said goodbye to Ella and Ian who were very lovely hosts and drove towards Albertinia where we booked a midday game drive at Garden Route Game Lodge. It took us a bit longer than expected because quite a bit of the road was dirt road where we really had to reduce our speed but we still arrived 10 minutes before the game drive and still had time to quickly fill out some forms and met our guide Brandon.
    It turned out that we were the only guests that booked the 11am game drive so we were very lucky to have a private game drive with just the two of us and our guide who did an amazing job and explained a lot about the animals. We had a really close encounter with 3 Cheetahs and some waterbuck and got lucky enough to spot the lions as well eventhough it was from quite far away.
    After the game drive we continued our way to Knysna and stopped at Wilderness national park for a short hike. Arriving in Knysna we again had a really nice accommodation and very friendly host. So far everyone is so friendly and the accommodations are all lovely. We walked to the waterfront and had amazing steak and burger at Spur with a view over the water.
    The rest of the pictures of the game drive will be in a different post because I reached the limited amount of pictures that could be added to 1 post.
    Read more