Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Golden Gate Highlands national park

    December 24, 2023 in South Africa ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Last night we thought of going to Tugela Falls today, which is said to be the longest waterfall in the world but that hike seemed quite difficult and neither of us felt really fit enough to go for that intense hike. So we decided to go to Golden Gate Highlands national park instead and do some more moderate hikes there. Definitely not a bad decision, really beautiful views and the hike to mushroom rock (a rock in the shape of a big mushroom) was very doable. We went back to the accommodation relatively in time because we knew we still had to pack and both really weren't feeling well knowing this was basically the last day of our trip. While Matthew was cooking and I was vacuuming the rental car in preparation for returning the car the next day a feeling of panic suddenly overwhelmed me realising that I wasn't ready to leave and that we had to get the visa application done first. So very last minute I still decided to change my flight ticket from the 25th to the 30th so our story continues with a few more days...
    After supper we also still had a really nice surprise in this small town since Santa was driving through the streets and handing out sweets to everyone. What a great initiative in this small town, this really made our day and put us in the Christmas spirit! 🎅
    Read more