Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    Desperately searching for viewpoints 😅

    November 19, 2022 in Indonesia ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    To combine Mo’s necessary drive to a SIM card store with a tour to see the surroundings of Amed, we rented two scooters and visited a few sightseeing points around the area. After a nice start into the day at our breakfast café we visited Tirta Gangga. The Hindu water temple was quite beautiful and - without having arranged an appointment - we coincidentally ran into Fynn. Actually we wanted to meet him in the evening in Amed where he wanted to join us so it was a nice surprise to run into each other already earlier that day. 😊 the roads that we drove were beautiful and directly next to rice fields 😍 we relaxed at the virgin beach for a while and visited a cacao tasting (where the people were unfriendly 😅).

    On our way back we wanted to stop at two viewpoints from which one should have a nice view on Mount Batur and the coast, but unfortunately we couldn’t even find one of them. 😅The roads were very steep, already high in the clouds and sometimes also muddy - even if the small adventure was fun we decided to turn back home when the daylight began to fade and we still didn’t find the viewpoints.
    In the evening we met up with Fynn in one of the Warungs in Amed and had a nice first dinner together - and toasted with Arak 🙂
    Read more