Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 105

    Spot checks around Uluwatu 🌊

    November 29, 2022 in Indonesia ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Because we had to go to the south of bali either way to organize for our visa extensions, we decided to head to the area around Uluwatu. Two guys told me it should be a clify surf town and so we thought it would be a good opportunity to combine our immigration appointments with some surf sessions. Also we wanted to use our days there for planning our travel route.

    In between our appointments with the immigration office we tried to get to know the surroundings and to check out the Surf Spots in the area around Uluwatu. Some people told me that the area should be more for intermediate or pro surfers, but there was almost no swell when we have been around the area. Fynn and me checked out Dreamland Beach right after we arrived in our hotel (and drove into a reaaaally heavy rain on our way back as we wanted to grab some Martabak for dinner). In the next few days we also checked out Thomas Beach (but there were no waves), Padang Padang (but we arrived there too late and there were many people in the line up) and Uluwatu Beach (too hard for us).

    So instead of surfing we went to a surf outlet in Kuta 😅 but the road from Uluwatu to Kuta is really not for the faint-hearted!! So crowded and people drive crazy over there! From all the roads and traffic I have seen on my journey, this was the worst! I was so exhausted everytime we had to ride there. 😰
    Read more