Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    Campanario to La Haba

    March 4 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    D: Today’s walk began with misty long views, including of Magacela, perched on the side of the only mountain half way along today’s 20 km route. It was a pleasant walk today in mildly variable weather. The route was to take us a little ways up the mountain but G found a diversion and we bypassed the town. My main issue today is my sore Achilles, but La Haba offers a pleasant opportunity for rest. The Albergue is only 5 years old and really nice. Clean, great beds, great showers, a nice common room and cooking facilities. Angelina, who is in charge of the Albergue, is quite sweet and reminds me a bit of Nely. She said that G and I can share the showrr/washroom because we are married and there is no-one else here! 😇 Such a contrast to the horrible Hostal Maya we stayed at yesterday.

    About the photos: obviously they are mainly taken by Gerrard as I am in so many of them. His phone has a much better camera, I ask him not to post so many photos with me in them, but he insists that the backgrounds are nice. Oh well!

    G: debi en ik schrijven alletwee in deze blog. Soms overschrijft de een de bijdrage van de ander. Zo ook deze keer. Ik laat het hierbij, heb geen zin om het hele verhaal nog een keer op te schrijven. Morgen maak ik mijn verhaal eerst in Word dan kan ik het altijd terug halen… weltrusten.
    Read more