Satellite
  • Day 55

    Hai Van Pass, Vietnam

    February 16, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Before returning our rental moped we decided to do something a bit more adventurous and took a ride on the scenic Hai Van Pass. This popular costal road winds through the mountains and offers some amazing views of Vietnam's natural beauty. It was fun hanging on to Mitch as he took the sharp turns and passed other mopeds doing the same thing as us. We stopped several times for pictures and eventually made our way down the other side of Hai Van Pass where we stopped at a roadside restaurant for a quick seafood fried rice lunch before making our way back to Danang.

    Once we got into the city of Danang we drove around quickly to visit the Dragon Bridge before returning the moped and making our way to the airport. We thought we'd be late but instead it was quite the opposite since we had another 7 hours to spare due to our flight being delayed! This airport delay was the most memorable yet because not only did we wait forever to board, but once we did we didn't take off for another 2.5 hours because passengers had snuck onto the flight at the gate and they didn't have an accurate flight manifest. This resulted in multiple recounts, showing boarding passes multiple times and eventually a roll call of all 180 passengers on board! We were more entertained by the lack of management onboard while others were just flat out angry. Oh and I got to make friends with the Vietnamese lady next to me who didn't speak any English but kept talking to me, we even took a selfie together which I think was her first ever!

    We finally made it to Ho Chi Min City at 2am tired and exhausted from the really long day of adventures!
    Read more