Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 53

    Hoi An, Vietnam

    February 14, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Hoi An is a smaller city in Vietnam situated outside the larger city of Danang. We flew into Danang arriving after midnight where we spent a night. Our plan was to rent a moped for 2 days and drive to Hoi An, so we took only our daypack with what we needed and left our backpacks at the hotel where we rented our moped from. We weren't going to let a little rain get in our way so off we went to Hoi An in matching pant suit ponchos!

    The ride was easy and after about an hour we arrived to a quaint little town surrounded by rice fields and farmland with a coastal beach area as well. We explored the old town on our moped and also walked around to explore the shops selling everything from counterfeit goods to traditional items. Oh and we spent a very classy Valentine's Day there as well where we enjoyed tasty $1 Vietnamese sandwiches and a few drinks.

    The following day we rode out to Marble Mountain which was the site of a pretty cool Buddhist cave temple and stopped by the beach for a stroll.

    Overall we enjoyed our quiet time in Hoi An which was made even better by the nice home stay we stayed at. The family was really sweet, the room was great and the breakfast made to order was delicious. We still cant believe this only cost us $12 a night!
    Read more