Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    We are in Loveland!

    June 10, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    What a day this has been, what a rare mood I'm in. . .

    The motel was great, breakfast this morning was good, except for the coffee, and we hit the road about 10 a.m. The first stop was the gas station. Not only did we need fuel, but the windshield was so coated with insect guts that it was hard to see through. Janet scrubbed the window 3 times before it came clean.

    The second stop was Starbucks for two good mochas and a chai latte. Yummy !

    From the coffee shop we drove north for a bit and then turned left onto a two lane highway in the middle of nowhere. The scenery was wonderful, the traffic was non-existent, and the driving was delightful.

    After a couple of direction changes and quite a few miles, we finally got out of Texas. We had lunch at the Dairy Queen in Clayton, New Mexico. The $5.00 special got us each a burger or chicken strips, french fries, a soda, and a sundae. We are living high!

    In Raton we hung a right and headed north on I25. Right away we ran into road work. To pass time while at a standstill for a quarter of an hour, we sang songs from YouTube karaoke style.

    From the Colorado border to Castle Rock we made great time. Joyce and I took a cat nap while Janet drove. Then we sang some more and solved a lot of the world's problems. In Castle Rock we changed drivers and soon thereafter hit Denver rush hour traffic. And rain. And the most spectacular double rainbow! ! !

    At a little after 8 p.m. we parked in front of Patsy and Dennis' house. We walked into the middle of Patsy's women's meeting, but they were happy to see us and wanted Patsy to introduce us. Then we went downstairs with Dennis and ate fresh veggies and rested from our travels. Patsy joined us after the ladies left and we all sat on her patio and started to make plans for tomorrow. But that is another foot print.
    Read more