Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    A Day Long Trip to Tulshi Baug

    August 7, 2017 in India ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Tulshi Baug is a part of the old Pune City. If you are in Pune as a tourist, then you will enjoy Bargain Shopping here.

    We had come to Pune for a short visit after a long time. I and my wife had planned that one day will be fully dedicated to shopping in and around Tulshi Baug.

    On the day of shopping we booked OLA Cab. Now a days in all major cities, private cars are becoming the best and cheap way to commute in and around the city. They are really good at pick up and drop service.

    We asked the driver to drop us at a point. There on we decided to Explore the area on foot. Even if you have your own vehicle, it's better to hire a private cab because the traffic is so heavy that finding parking can be next to impossible.

    After you get down from your cab and look around, you will find ocean of people moving around. You have to maneuver your way around them and sometimes through them to move ahead.

    Tulshi Baug is an area having many lanes and by lanes that criss cross each other. Sometimes you might find yourself lost in those lanes, but ultimately you will find your way out.

    The lanes and by lanes are filled with street side shops selling items that you never thought you required. As you explore the shops you will start wanting what you see and at the end of the day you will have done some good shopping for yourself.

    A word of caution - There are a variety of cheap items available here. While shopping here you need to control your shopping emotions or else you might get tempted to buy things that you may regret later.

    But if you have come to do some shopping and can bargain with the shopkeepers, you can get some really good stuff for you and your entire family.

    After roaming from one lane to another; and one shop to another shop, it was lunch time. We decided to take a break and have lunch.

    We had sumptuous lunch at R. Bhagat Tarrachand Veg Restaurant.

    After lunch we decided to do some more shopping. We looked around and found a street side vendor selling some good dresses.

    We spend sometime looking through his collection and found some good dresses to purchase.

    We ended our trip with having fresh sugarcane juice.

    It was time to go home. Once again we booked OLA Cab from mobile App. Soon we were on our way to home.

    Shopping in such crowded places is full of adventure and if done properly you can even develop some positive personality traits and people skills. We have become good negotiators and have got some great bargains from such market place.

    This is one unseen benefit when you regularly go shopping in these kinds of open market.
    Read more