Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Day 12 - 4th day at the high school

    October 8, 2017 in Nepal ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Well it's amazing how we can go when we 'fly by the seat of our pants'! Most of the lessons our students prepared were for primary, but we've spent 4 days at the high school. We had no secondary art and craft activity prepared but last night Holly, Sophie and I prepared a lesson teaching students to make chatterboxes. The girls presented it really well and it has been a great success. Michael has saved our bacon a number of times. He has used a guitar from here and taught himself the chords for a song for two consecutive days. Today he taught Cat Stevens' song "Father and Son". Tijmen finally had a chance to play Drama games and except for a few shy souls this has created much enjoyment. Alex expertly taught a lesson on Agriculture in Australia. He is super organised and a fine presenter.
    This afternoon we have been asked to present 3 items at a concert, so we are going to do the Macarena, sing Father and Son and sing Bad Moon Rising. We will try and get the Nepali students to join us in each of these. These kids have done so well here!!! I'll report on the concert next time.
    Read more