Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Tuesday. Last day in Bali

    January 27, 2020 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    For our last day here we wanted to see some of the countryside. The traffic in Ubud is crazy. Especially all the scooters. The hotel got us a driver for the day and we were off at 8.30 am. First stop was a beautiful waterfall. A little hike down some steps to get there with alot of gorgeous foliage. Next stop was the coffee plantation with many types of fruit trees and spices. They gave us a sampling of about 15 different kinds of teas and coffees. But the Lewak (poo coffee) was $5 per cup. I tried it but didn't like it much. I don't think it was the poo, it was just very strong. We bought some saffron and ginger teas and vanilla coffee.
    Then we were off into the mountains to the volcano. He took us to a lovely spot overlooking the mountain and valley for an Indonesian buffet lunch. The clouds were coming in and it started raining hard as we finished. Our last stop was the rice terraces. You can zipline or swing over them but we just watched.
    Then back through much traffic and rain to the hotel. Just in time for a before dinner swim. We will eat our last dinner at the hotel do we can pay by visa. We may need to get some cash in the morning to pay the driver for today who is also taking us to the airport at 8.30 tomorrow morning.
    Read more