Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 10

    Boots ‘n All

    26 Nisan 2023, Avustralya ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    The trip to Mildura today is more or less a straight line west through a lot of flat farming country. The only major town en route is Balranald so that was a logical place to stop for coffee. However any stop gives Carolina the right to browse through the shops, and today was no different. In due course she appeared with a black and white pair of gum boots which she said would be perfect for Noosa as well as the caravan. Peter’s thoughts - “who am I to argue….??”.
    Throughout Balranald are models and statues of frogs, some of which are very funny. Why frogs you may ask? It is because of the Southern Bell Frog which is an endangered species in the wetlands nearby to Balranald. A very cute tourist attraction with a sobering meaning in the background.
    Then it was on to Mildura, the capital of Mallee district of Victoria located on the mighty Murray River, Australia’s longest river. This is our short diversion into Victoria. Mildura is a very nice country city with a well designed and attractive city centre full of restaurants and shops. Yes, Carolina was in her element again! Among the attractions is a Holden Car Museum which will be a must-do item for Peter tomorrow!
    Our campsite here is the free camp at the Red Cliffs Golf Course. Despite being a large green area it was already very busy with many caravans. After settling-in we headed into town to walk around the city area and even saw a building with the water levels of the recent 2023 major floods painted on the walls. We then enjoyed an excellent Thai mean at the Thai-Riffic restaurant. This had been recommended to us (thanks Kimbo & Carol) and certainly served some of the best Thai food we have eaten - excellent food!!
    Tomorrow we head into South Australia and we need to be mindful of the fruit quarantine requirements for fruit fly protection. Fresh fruit and vegetables are not allowed across the SA border from VIC or NSW and must be dumped into Quarantine bins. So we will be having the last of our fruit for breakfast tomorrow!!
    Okumaya devam et