Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Street walking

    October 1, 2022 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 11 °C

    Some photos of Melbourne's street art.

    It is a huge thing in Melbourne as street art is legal. Every piece of artwork is off limits for 10-14days before anyone can paint over it. As a result the pieces change regularly, new images appearing all the time. However the large pieces or pieces done in commemoration are usually left uncover for the most part.

    We also saw a load of plaques up on the wall of a live music club. When the building of flats was built next door the regular artists who played there all donated money to help sound proof the building. As a result they got there names placed on the wall in thanks and free entry for life. It closed during lockdown and is now in a different location but the plaques have stayed.

    We went and had some gelati aswell which was lovely. The flavours were all unusual combinations. I didn't really like the hazelnut and orange but the vanilla, pear and chocolate was divine.

    After we went to a bar for a free drink, then dinner was dumblings at a Chinese place. Not my idea of a fun evening just because of the places chosen but the food was still good. We then went to a games bar that was seriously overpriced, so I left pretty quickly when they asked me to pay $20 to be in the room. Apparently only those who have paid can be there even if we dont want to play the games.

    Was super tired by the end anyway because id been out for nearly 12 hours again.

    Looking forward to tomorrow. Another busy but penguins!!
    Read more