Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Chocolates and Waterfalls

    October 10, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    Best ice cream ever!

    If in doubt go with chocolate, but when you're at a chocolate factory, that's not possible. I chose a dark chocolate sorbet and a nutella chocolate icecream. It was massive. Genuinely huge.

    It also made me giggle that we parked our green and purple van, next to a limousine. Thought that was hilarious.

    They also had a super cool range of chocolate tea. So tea leaves from the cocoa bean leaves, with chia or peppermint mixed it. Love that idea!

    Then we headed back on the road towards the Erkshine waterfall. Stopped half way for a photo shoot at the Great Ocean Road sign.

    The waterfall was so cool. Unlike the other group, we chose to abide by the barrier and not get right up close beneath it. But it was still close enough. It's insane how loud the water can be, it drowned out all other sounds in the forest. Just the water and the view.

    Finally we did a little pit stop on our long journey along the coast. For the most part we were at sea level, so when we rose a little we decided to stop for a picture or two. The others got very worried when I climbed up onto the wall, felt like mum was with me warning me not too. All I was missing was dad up there first!

    We ended the day in Apollo bay in the YHA. Had a soup and a salad, my attempt at healthy.

    Looking forward to yet more insane views and fun times tomorrow.
    Read more