Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Adelaide

    October 15, 2022 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    Wow had a busy day today.

    Started off strong with a midday walk around adelaide. The city is constructed with the CBD surrounded by green space and then the suburbs. Lucy and I spent like and hour an half walking the dog around. She showed me all the sights and we took in the sunshine. That dog is insane. 4 years old and full of energy. He refused to just walk forward, was weaving back and forth like he was avoiding something in the center of the path.

    Then came back to Helen's and went out to help Tessa set up her market stall. Lots of clothes later, and we went out for drinks. Ended not actually going for drinks as Tessas friends weren't in the mood. So instead just hung around one of her mates places. She's only a few years older than me so it was nice for a bit.

    After a bit we headed out for some food. Met Lucy and her friend. I had a very good red pesto pasta in this packed little restaurant over a bar. Perk of being friends with the workers, you can walking in and they find a table for you despite being fully booked.

    Ended the night at a music gig at The Lab. Very expensive looking place but great music. The first band wasnt so great, the lead was very annoying. But the second band was great. Cousin Tony's Brand New Firebird. Great name for a band. They had a guy on the saxophone, and the lead singer had a deep voice that was really good. I've downloaded some of their music to listen to.

    The Lab was a really cool place. All the walls had light displays showing. Patterns constantly moving and the songs changed. There arent many places in Brighton where you can go for music that isnt a club. Some pubs host bands, but not like this. So it was cool to do something a little different. And definitely up my street with the vibes and mood. The photo is not mine as it was packed, but showed the space.

    By this point I am beyond exhausted. We had a drink afterwards before Lucy dropped me back at Helen's.
    Read more