Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 197

    Campuhan Ridge

    April 9, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ☁️ 30 °C

    The Campuhan ridge is a walk from Ubud city centre out into the rice fields a couple kilometres away. The walk itself is shrouded in trees for the most part as you climb up above the river and the city below.

    Campuhan is the convergence of two rivers and it's considered a very sacred location. The walk begins at this convergence and ends roughly 2.5km north overlooking the rice fields and the bottom of Tegalalang.

    Despite the heat the walk was well worth it giving us many views overlooking the city and more rural spots around Ubud.

    The end of the walk is easily identifiable by the tourist shops and cafes. This appears to be a running theme with Bali and not unexpected. Moni and I decided to grab lunch at one of these cafes as it was around 2pm by this point. One of the cafes was highly rated and recommended but we decided to go to the one beside it. The one was chose had bean bags you could sit on and was far more relaxed with a better view. We decided to share a mask gorging and Moni asmitted she had neglected to tell me something.

    This is her first time in Asia. Though she has had asian food before almost everything else is new for her. This is something I could have known before we left and I booked the cheapest accommodation but we can make it work. She has also never tried to live on a budget before so we are experimenting. But then I have never travelled with someone before so this is new to the both of us.

    Our view from the cafe overlooked the rice fields and between my lack of sleep, Balinese music and the serenity of the location I found myself begging to fall asleep.
    Read more