Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 378

    Views of Ha Giang

    October 7, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Our first day up on the Ha Giang loop!

    We set off in a bit of 5, thankfully cleared up quickly. All the way up the mountain was twists and turns but easy enough to do. About halfway up, we had to weave around some cars that were stopped due to two trucks that were passing. But the road was crumbling beneath one of them, so it had stopped directly in the middle of the road, stopping all traffic.

    Up near the top, we stopped at a recommended spot for a coffee and a look out across the hills. It made for a nice break on our way towards Yen Min, where we are staying the night.

    The roads were fine but unfortunately there was one point that was not so safe. A large stretch of the road was unsealed again, and some of the corners were not great. I ended up coming off on one of the corners. Injured my palms, but thankfully, that was all. Not what I wanted, but we kept on going.

    That evening we ate another meal cooked by the accommodation with a load of people doing a joint tour. There were probably 20 people on this tour, and we had a nice evening with them. One of them had an injured hand from riding as well, so I felt less dumb with my injury.
    Read more