Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 384–385

    Back in Hanoi

    October 13, 2023 in Vietnam

    After travelling from Cao Bang to Thac Ba Lake, we stayed the night on the lake side. The journey was fine until the final 40 minutes, which was currently under construction road. That part was unnerving and painful, Dad was having a great time, and I was not.

    The lake was nice but our accommodation was not as we had thought when booked. There was no view of the lake and overpriced for the dinner and breakfast.

    And then, our final day of riding was upon us. One long journey south from the lake towards Hanoi. Thankfully, Hanoi was large enough that there were signs almost the entire way, making the ride nice and easy. The roads were all large and accommodating, making for a long but ok ride.

    The final hour as we reached the outskirts of Hanoi was rough. Traffic plus the pure size and chaos of the city was tiring. I ended up feeling very uncomfortable when we were back in the city, probably due to what happened the last time, and was very thankful for our eventual arrival at Style.

    Dropping off the bikes was bitter sweet. I was pleased because the trip has been so exhausting but sad because it has also been incredible.

    We made our way by grab from Style to our hotel, had a drink during sunset on the roof top bar, headed to a very nice vegetarian place for dinner and then had a massage in the hotel.
    Read more