Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    DAY 19 - Berlin to Prague

    September 10, 2023 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Our morning bus ride with Sean and Zoe to Prague was less than ideal. There was no wifi, the cooling was barely on and we were stuck in a bus for 4hrs. Thankfully we were able to get some sleep (Meg almost the entire bus trip).

    The check-in for our Prague accom was a bit strange. We first went to the address provided before being directed to our apartment (another 15min walk...). The location more than made up for this slight inconvenience.

    Once settled, we were desperate for lunch. Having seen it on the walk to the apartment we went to Výtopna Railway Restaurant (Scott's choice). This certainly beat the KFC alternative, delivering our meals and drinks by train.

    We then went for a walk towards the Charles Bridge, passing the Astronomical Clock on our way. On the other side of the bridge (Malá Strana) we grabbed a hot dog for dinner (this may have been a mistake given the way we felt afterwards). We continued exploring and ended up at Rudolfinum (a concert hall/theatre). They were playing landscape style music while a screen on one side of a large cube. We sat on the steps of the theatre watching this for a little, before heading to a cute and incredibly humble wine bar overlooking the Vltara River, with views of Manes Bridge and Prague Castle. A perfect way to cap of a lovely day (minus the bus trip).

    We're excited to tick off a few more tourist attractions tomorrow on our self-guided scooter tour.
    Read more