Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Lloret del Mar - Figueres - Carcassone

    October 5, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    After dinner in Praça Real in Barcelona and a stroll through La Rambla we headed to the ocean to sleep in the van, directly at the beach. The sound of the ocean is always the perfect song for deep sleep. The sun was shining when we got up and the Mediterranean was like a pond! Fishermen were around and some metres away was the picnic area where we had breakfast facing the deep blue of the sea. In Loret del Mar the beach was silent without children. Europe is back to school and only retired people spend relaxed holidays by the seaside. It was possible to take a nap after a short dip in the chilly water. Refreshing and beautiful with big fish swimming relaxed like around me but to cold to swim.
    But our target is Carcassone and after this relaxing hours, we decided to stop only at Figueres, the birthplace of Salvador Dalí. It was a small town with a surprisingly beautiful city centre full of art, as one should expect. The feeling of being near France strikes me for the first time when we get into a Patisserie and Spanish bocadillos mix with choux and nougat.
    Carcassone welcomes us at sunset and the castle is splendid at this time with this special light. Zé and Luisa are late because the TGV has a delay, so we take a stroll to the city centre where a lot of people are still having dinner. Carcassone is not an expensive city to have dinner out, as we will find out in other french cities. We end the day meeting them at the Gare de Carcassone and spend the rest of the evening with them.
    Read more