Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Christmas in a Summer Wonderland

    December 26, 2017 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    We woke up Christmas morning to find Santa had been, delivering us all some magnificent presents. He was terribly generous.

    Poppys favourite gifts were a flamingo soft toy and some books.
    Mercina liked her turnboard and MacBook Air.
    Maria was pleased with her artwork and soft toy giraffe.

    Drove to Wellington for Christmas lunch, stopping to pick up Denny from Raumati along the way. Enjoyed a lovely Christmas Day with the Viatos' of Oriental Bay full of delicious food. Thanks to the cooks Mercina (Yiayia), Dina and Dimitra. Papou was in fine spirits and it was great to have him with us. Highlight was the after lunch nap, enjoyed by all around.

    In the evening, we visited Poppy's Nono and Nona, Peter and Katerina and played cards in a Bares fashion.

    Boxing Day, we visited Anna, John and the twins in the morning. Lunched with Catherine and Terry, before driving home to Levin, stopping briefly at Noel lemmings to pick up the one item Santa had forgotten!

    Looking forward to our trip to Hamilton, beginning tomorrow.

    Pictures:
    (1) Gingerbread house made by Poppy.
    (2) Christmas Lunch.
    (3) Christmas Lunch again.
    Read more