Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Fun in Cape May

    July 17, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    This morning for fun we decided to go kayaking in one of the nearby inlets. Kelly's son Jake arrived last night so we are now a party of 8. We drove to a marina and rented two person kayaks. The girls shared one, Jake went with Eva, Kelly and Andrew shared and I decided to have some quality one on one time with Oliver. Things didn't get off to such a great start as we drifted out into the path of a large whale watching vessel. The yelling and tooting advised us to move and we managed to get out of the way in time! We kayaked off in the opposite direction to the boats and enjoyed the scenery. We saw nesting osprey and other birds. After 20 minutes of this fun, Oliver and I decided to drift for a while. The others continued on up the estuary for a longer paddle. We chatted which was way more appealing than paddling. Finally the others had had enough and joined us and we made the slow paddle back to civilisation. Of course, as we approached the marina, the whale watching boat was ready to leave. We managed to avoid a collision and get back to shore in one piece. It was fun but rather hard on a whole lot of muscles I haven't used in a while!

    We are home for a rest and lunch before continuing with the fun later in the day
    Read more