Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 13

    Day 13 Mdwina school After School Club!

    16 avril, Afrique du Sud ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Day 13 What a daunting start thinking we were entertaining 200 excitable children at the 'After School Club' yes its changed from actually after school finishes with a few children to 11 o'clock which then involved anyone attending school that day !
    Our resources were limited but we were very resourceful and with a couple of footballs, 3 Frisbees and 6 tennis balls plus the enthusiasm which oozed from the smiling, joyful children our inhibitions deserted us.
    We introduced ourselves where we'd come from and our roles and careers, hopefully inspiring the children to work hard and make the most of opportunities.We taught and played Four Ball rounders, football, Cat and Mouse as well as teaching singing and clapping games .
    We finished with bubbles which surrounded the happy faces and left elated and hopefully the children having had a joyful morning .
    We travelled to our build and saw what we can now call a house ;..roof on, doors hinged and building site tidied .We bagwashed with watered down cement and we coated the surface of the outside walls to make it water tight...hopefully we did a good job! I think a few of us are also waterproof !
    As we cleaned our brushes we heard the most beautiful joyful sound .We walked to where the singing was coming from a small corrugated building, the local community church and we listened as the people sang praise and thanks ....It's the people that are important praising and having such a strong faith and it doesn't matter about the church building.
    As mentioned in the Bible
    'Where two people are gathered together in worship you have a church'
    En savoir plus