Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Quiet day today

    July 24, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Bit overcast and showers today.
    A quiet day.
    Recovering after the trip, I think.

    Did some washing.
    Emily and Lacey and I headed to Sandy Beach for a walk.
    I drove Tin Tin.
    First time up here as we have been making use of the hire car previously.
    And then to the Sunken Chip for a snack.
    Loaded Chips.
    Delicious.
    Met and chatted to a lady whose mobility scooter is made to look like a Harley Davidson.
    Looked spectacular.
    She used to ride Harleys and misses riding terribly.
    I have seen her on her 4 wheel scooter travelling along the sand on the beach.

    Daryl was telling us that people gather on the beach in Woopi for ‘Fluro Friday’.
    All types.
    All ages.
    Just a way to meet people.
    They meet a dawn.
    Probably a cult.
    But I’m in.
    Off to St Vinnies to get something fluro!
    If all else fails, Lacey has a fluro jacket.
    ( I can’t find her in the dark otherwise!)

    Emily worked on her one wheel, changing the ‘smooth’ tyre to one with a large tread.
    Went into Woopi in the end to ask a mechanic to get the tyre off the hub.
    Success.
    She is thrilled with the new look.
    Also having fun organising Bumper today.
    ( Apart from the fact she managed to break the snib off the small barrel bolt on her security door and had to ring me to break her free. She was stuck .... last resort, climb out a window. So a bit of a change to be actioned there.)

    Martine and Daryl headed out to wish her cousin Francis a wonderful time on their trip to Darwin this evening.
    A quiet night in for us.
    ( Real party animals us! And you can still go out up here.)

    Xxx
    Read more