Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 60

    Hello from Paradise.

    September 8, 2020 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    We are having a wonderful time in Woopi!
    Sometimes doing stuff.
    Sometime not.

    Up at 7am.
    Sunny and still.
    We went for a walk on the beach in the sun.
    This time north across the creek where it meets the ocean.
    ( I wore shorts today. Yesterday I didn’t and the water was too deep to cross in rolled up jeans.)

    The depth depends on the tide, of course.
    Wonderful walk in the sun.
    Lacey greeting all her friends on the beach.
    The same people tend to walk at the same time and we know them, and all the dogs.
    Cody, a little terrier/ collie cross is Lacey’s special friend.
    They run towards each other at full speed to say hello.
    It’s lovely to watch.

    Emily had a few meetings so I headed to a vet near Mitre 10 to get some dog food for the trip home. We would have run short, I think.
    Then grocery shopping at Woolworths.
    The people who are camped next to us were riding their bikes through the car park there and we waved furiously.
    People in caravan parks are lovely.
    Everyone talks.
    This couple arrived yesterday and she came over as Emily and I were discussing the Iveco vans.
    “ Sorry. Couldn’t help eves dropping ... what are you going to convert?”
    We had a great chat.

    Back to camp with a hot chicken and salads ... as well as other things ... but we attacked this as if we had not eaten in years.
    All this fresh air and exercise, I think.
    Once again we were starving.

    I had seen some very nice cane baskets at the enormous $2 type shop here and mentioned them to Emily.
    So off we went.
    Got two.
    And Emily did some organising in Bumper.
    Looks amazing.
    Trying to have things in baskets ( which will be screwed to the counter top ) so she can just up and drive without so much packing up.
    Off to buy curtains tomorrow for behind the passenger and driver seats.
    ( Same shop. It is a great shop.)

    Read on the deck.
    Another couple of walks.

    Wonderful dinner, rolled chicken and veges.
    Followed by chocolate freckles.. also from that shop.

    Tomorrow’s forecast - 23 and sunny, may rain late afternoon.

    Xxx

    Oh ... and if you enlarge the photo of inside Bumper, there are 2 photos on the whiteboard.
    One is Emily about 2 years old having a tea party with a Grandma.
    Unfortunately, Grandma is not in the photo.
    The other one is of Emily with my Dad, her Grandpa splashing in the paddle pool.
    Again, she’s about 2 years old.
    These were taken when Mum and Dad flew to visit when were lived in Bunbury, WA.
    Dad had this photo on his bedside table and kissed Emily goodnight every night for over 30 years.
    Read more