Satellite
  • Day 9

    The food in Taiwan

    October 16, 2016 in Taiwan ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Among many things I did in Taiwan, one thing I out-done everything else - Eating. I ate a ridiculous amount of food! I did try and maintain some "on the spot" exercises and ran up every stairs I saw insight (at MRT stations mostly), however with all the efforts of trying to keep my weight from increasing, I gained 3kgs in 10 days!

    I couldn't help it. Everyone was feeding me so much food, like literally every hour. Who was I to turn them down? Besides, when will I get the opportunity again? So I ate. Oh I was in heaven, and my tastebuds were having a party!

    Taiwan is a foodie's paradise with so many wide range of food, and all so cheap due to the conversion rate! An average meal in Taipei's street market is roughly from $40NTD, which is from $1.68AUD. Cheap, right. Restaurant food can vary from $120NTD and above. And the food does not disappoint! Although, some of the food are only for the adventurous, and the open-minded. Because, yes. Some does look a bit weird.

    So in Taiwan every corner there is a 7/11, and a milk tea and two bread buns cost me roughly $48 to $60NTD ($2 - $2.50AUS). And so delicious they were!

    Unfortunately I can't give some great advice on the prices of other types of food. The only food I bought was from 7/11 and bubble tea shops. Bubble tea (aka milk tea) were no more than $55NTD ($2.31AUD - toppings included).

    All I can say is, I have an adventurous tastebud and the food were all so amazing! Here starts my Taiwanese food adventure!
    Read more