Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17 - Travels To Amalifi Coast, Italy

    July 26, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Hello my names Matt, and this is my story!

    This morning was an early start for Katie & I, 5.30am to get ready to fly to the next part of our trip - Italy!
    Dad & Desma woke at 5.45am to wish a cheerio and bon voyage on our next leg of the trip. Katie & I have thoroughly enjoyed travelling with Dad & Desma, I have learnt my father may be a math wiz but technology has a fair bit of a way to go! It was a great start to our trip and having someone been to Ireland before creating the route & seeing Malta with Charlie & Cornelia was amazing to start the trip off instead of diving into our own plans head first. I also now have bragging rights over the 3 sons, as I currently am the only one to have travelled to Mum’s home town with her and now Dad’s home town with him.

    After the farewell we jumped into a cab and headed for the airport. Once baggage was sorted and sitting on the plane, Ryan Air made the announcement we would be running late - 45minutes. No bother on our front just a very hot Matt sitting in a tin can, on a runway waiting for take off & also myself annoying Katie!

    Once in Naples we headed out of the airport to find the bus to get to Grand Central Station. While walking I had a few offers of ‘taxi’ at the same price as the bus - these were not in the taxi area and I wasn’t getting fooled!

    From Naples we travelled to Salerno, the gateway to the Amalfi Coast, by train. Train was running 10 minutes late, again no bother again as everything seemed to be coming in our favour with the delays.

    Got to Salerno, headed for the ferry to take us to Minori. As we were walking Katie was having trouble keeping her dress down due to wind, we also found out wind causes rough seas, rough seas causes cancelled ferries! Can’t win them all!

    So off to find the bus stop, as I brought the bus tickets I got a good luck from the lady, yep was going to need it. First bus we saw just kept driving past us full. So we walked to the first stop on the line and joined the masses. We got on the next bus. Everyone got on but he stopped at the next stop and only let two on!

    Hour and a half later, a lot of views and laughs watching the bus take very tight corners and take both lanes to do it we made it to Minori.

    Pretty stuffed from our travels we checked in, showered.
    Went for a walk and got a drink at California Beach cafe, decided on Dinner at La Locanda Del Pescatore - great food, arsehole of a waiter! - then bed time for us!
    Read more