Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54 - Dubrovnik, Croatia

    September 1, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ 🌙 22 °C

    Today I had a sleep in, while, in Katie’s words, ‘waited 2 hours for me to give her attention!’

    We had to finish off the drying of the washing as it had rained in the afternoon previous that really didn’t help the drying process. We then packed and left the bags at the accomodation and had breakfast across the road at an Italian cafe. Eggs, eggs and more eggs were on the menu, they weren’t short of eggs! I had eggs and Katie had some toast with cheese and hams. The bread was baked fresh so was lovely!

    After breakfast we went on a hunt for a barber, apparently I was in need of a haircut as the side of my head was looking long with stuff all on top… getting my Dad vibes right there!
    I found one after a very humid 30minute walk, he was about to close for Siesta but asked what I wanted, I took off my hat and before I said anything he said, ‘ yes, please sit!’ Easiest 15euro he’s gotten!

    We walked back to the accomodation, grabbed the bags then ubered down closer to the port so I didn’t have to loose a couple of kg’s in sweat from the humidity! We had lunch back at Kiosk Dubrovnik seeing it was close to the port and next destination.

    We finished lunch and went to the port looking for the boat were are taking for the next 8days. We found boat Romantica with all the bikes on the back awaiting us in a line of boats.
    We got our cabins, then had a boat briefing at 3pm for what to expect for the next 8 days. Everyone started introducing themselves and getting to know one and other. At 4pm they had organised us to meet out on the dock to catch the bus to Old Town, for a walking tour of the city. We arrived early as Croatia public transport can’t be trusted apparently, so we had some better priced Gelato!
    The walking tour took us to much of what we walked yesterday but now with facts about Dubrovnik. The city is rebuilt to traditional form from all the shelling they received in 1991/92 except for the scarring on some walls, the City Walls survived all of this. The reasons they got bombed was politicians were not happy that Croatia were leaving the Socialist federation of Republic of Yugoslavia, thankfully Croatia come out the other side of this.

    Katie and I decided to walk back to the boat instead of catching the bus back to the port which was a casual 40 minute walk. Dinner was called at 7:30pm which consisted of 3 courses. Starter of a mixed seafood salad, a main of tuna steak, and a berry dessert. If we were worried about quality or quantity of food, we shouldn’t of been!

    After dinner I relaxed on the top deck of the boat catching up on finding penguins and Katie relaxed in the cabin.
    Read more