Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 74 - Paros to Athens, Greece

    September 21, 2023 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    Today is the last full day on the island. We had breakfast then had a quick chat to Chris & Barbs and packed our stuff. Our little Hybrid Fiat Panda fits all our luggage with ease in the boot!

    We drove to Naousa and had another look around the village, we figured we’d seen majority the village had to offer and seeing it is much more lively at night we headed to find some lunch at another village.
    We ended back at Back to Back in Piso Livadi, a few boa buns & some onion rings, the Greeks know how to feed people very well!

    Next bay over is Paralia Logaras beach, we found a good parking spot, it had a shower to clean ourselves off from the salty water, so we ended up having a swim and relax on the beach.

    We went back through Aliki village to grab a little souvenir for our time in Paros. We filled up the car & returned it at Paros Airport, this airport is tiny compared to some of the airports we’ve been to so was fun working out how they do things here.

    We flew out to Athens, before flying I had messaged the Accomadation in Athens with our arrival time, she soon told me there is massive strikes in Athens and that the metro wasn’t running and the bus may not be running either. The buses were running until 9pm, we got on what I presume to be one of the last ones for the evening.
    Once close to CBD Athens, the roads were blocked by traffic and the bus driver announced the last stop was blocked off and it’s easier to walk. We started walking to the accommodation and along the walk found traffic jams everywhere that what was actually blocking the CBD.
    Three riot squad busses blocking the road with riot squad heading down a side street, another lot getting gas masks on. We hustled out of there pretty fast and worked out a way so we were going the opposite way from the protesters and the riot squad.

    We made it to the Accomadation and then headed to grab some dinner. We stumbled upon a small plate eatery, Granada, the server was very friendly to us! We were amazed at 10pm how busy it was!

    After dinner we had a quick walk and found out how good and lively the area is that we are staying in! They even have a resturant named Klook, that is a Halloween themed resturant all year round, it specialises in desserts so you can bet money this is on the itinerary now!
    Read more